Crisis Stabilization Unit
A range of services are offered in the community that support adults experiencing mental health problems. These services are designed to support people in their recovery to live successfully within their communities.
What is the Crisis Stabilization Unit?
The Crisis Stabilization Unit provides short-term, community-based supportive care and treatment for individuals in psychiatric or psychosocial crisis who may be at risk of hospitalization. Referrals are welcome from mental health-care professionals working in crisis services, community (e.g. PACT) and hospital.
What can I expect when I go to the Crisis Stabilization Unit?
When you arrive, a multi-disciplinary team of mental health professionals will work with you to develop a plan that will assist you in managing and resolving the crisis.
Who is eligible for the Crisis Stabilization Unit?
Adults residing in Winnipeg, who are experiencing a mental health or psychosocial crisis.
What services does the Crisis Stabilization Unit offer?
The Crisis Stabilization Unit offers the following services:
- Short Term Crisis intervention
- Mental health assessment and psychosocial assessment
- Supportive place for an individual who is in crisis
- Therapeutic group programming
- Management of medications
- Health education regarding mental illness, coping strategies, wellness recovery planning and preventative techniques
- Liaison and referral to community resources
- Support to family members and others concerned
- Psychiatric consultation and assessment
How do I contact the Crisis Stabilization Unit?
Call 204-940-3633, press 2
Staff are available to assist you 24 hours, 7 days a week.