The following resources will help you prepare for your breast cancer surgery and/or treatment.
These presentations are for individuals who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. They offer helpful information on how to prepare and manage before and after surgery, as well as information on breast reconstruction. The presentations were created by Shared Health’s Breast Health Centre in collaboration with CancerCare Manitoba’s Breast & Gyne Cancer Centre of Hope.
Before breast surgery
- Preparing for surgery: an information session for women & men newly diagnosed with breast cancer
- Lymphedema & exercises after surgery – a before breast surgery video
- Chemotherapy Before Surgery for Breast Cancer – will be available soon
After breast surgery
- Breast cancer-related lymphedema & exercises after surgery – an after breast surgery video
- Drain care after breast surgery
- Tips for healthy eating after a breast cancer diagnosis – during and after treatment
- Support services – will be available soon
- Breast reconstruction – will be available soon
- Oncology treatment and support – will be available soon
Breast surgery information
The following materials have been put together by the Breast Health Centre to give you and your family information to help you understand your diagnosis and treatment.