About the Breast Health Centre
To facilitate, in a caring, sensitive and compassionate environment, equitable access to a comprehensive, integrated program that maximizes breast health services for the people of Manitoba incorporating best practice and community expectations.
The Breast Health Centre has a multi-disciplinary team of experts who specialize in breast health.
The team uses a client-focused approach that encompasses high quality care and state of the art equipment to ensure the best possible experience for clients. With a commitment to evidence based information, the latest, most accurate and most appropriate education, support and links are provided to clients at the Breast Health Centre.
The Breast Health Centre coordinates clinical assessment, diagnostic tests, treatment, education and support through a variety of specialized programs.
Who are our services for?
Women and men who are 18 years of age or older who:
- Are experiencing breast problems
- Have signs and symptoms of breast cancer
- Have breast cancer and are experiencing complications, such as swelling of the arm
- Need counselling related to coping with breast cancer and other life stressors
- Have nutritional concerns or questions about breast cancer risk and breast cancer survivorship
- Are concerned about their inherited risk of developing breast or ovarian cancer
We do not see people for:
- Breast feeding issues. For breast feeding issues, call the Breast Feeding Hotline at 204-788-8667 or call the public health nurse
- Breast infections that need to be seen by a doctor right away
Where to Find Us
The Breast Health Centre is located across the street from the St. Boniface Hospital in Winnipeg at 400 Taché avenue. We are located on the main floor, closest to the Taché street entrance.
Our address is:
Breast Health Centre
100-400 Taché Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2H 3C3
Metered parking is available on the street. There is also a parking lot directly behind the building off of Dollard Boulevard. More parking is available all around the St. Boniface Hospital.