Breast Health Centre
Enhanced cleaning is in place and we are following all Provincial infection, prevention and control guidelines and requirements.
As well, we are taking the following precautions to protect our patients and staff:
• Limiting the number of individuals that come to the site for an appointment.
• Limiting the types of appointments we are making. Where possible, in-person visits have been replaced with phone visits.
• Screening all patients 24 hours prior to their visit and again when they register at reception.
• Postponing appointments for any individual that is symptomatic.
• Ensuring everyone coming to the site wears a mask.
• Having physical distancing in place at reception and in clinic spaces.
• Screening staff daily.
• Having appropriate PPE for all staff, physicians and volunteers.
• Cleaning exam rooms and reception areas regularly.
From the assessment and diagnosis to treatment, the Breast Health Centre offers a range of services to support a person’s physical and emotional health.
Operating from a person-centered approach, the Breast Health Centre coordinates clinical assessment, diagnostic tests, treatment, education and support through a variety of specialized services and programs.
We work with women and men with signs or symptoms of breast cancer, breast health concerns (not related to breastfeeding) and lymphedema related to breast cancer.
If you are a health-care professional looking for further information on the Breast Health Centre, please visit the Health Providers section.