Privacy and Security
Keeping your health information secure and confidential.
Shared Health is committed to meeting our privacy obligations with respect to your health information. Whether the information is on paper or electronic, it is our legal responsibility to adhere to The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA). Acting as a trustee or an information manager, Shared Health is obligated to follow standards in the collection, maintenance, use and sharing of personal health information to protect your privacy.
Who has access?
Authorized health-care providers may access your personal health information when they are providing you with patient care. Access is provided on a need-to-know basis.
Electronic systems can provide security by imposing access permissions and other security credentials on the individuals using them, and by tracking their actions when using such systems.
- SAP 341839 - Consent to Disclose Personal Health Information
- SAP 341840 - Disclosure of Personal Health Information to Police without consent
- SAP 341841 - Disclosure of Personal Health Information to Police with consent
- SAP 341842 - Request to Access Personal Health Information
- SAP 341843 - Request to Correct Personal Health Information
- SAP 341844 - Consent to use Personal Health Information
- SAP 341845 - Information and Agreement for Persons Job Shadowing
- SAP 341847 - Information and Agreement for Visitors on Business
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FIPPA)
- Access to Information under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Privacy of Personal Information under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba)
- Correction of Personal Information under The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act