COVID-19 bulletin #252
Public health officials advise five additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported today, including:
• a female in her 40s from the Northern health region;
• a female in her 60s from the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority;
• a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Long Term Care Home; and
• a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 11.6 per cent provincially and 12.2 per cent in Winnipeg, and 437 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. However, three cases were removed due to being out-of-province and a data correction. This brings the net new cases to 434 and the total lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 10,216.