COVID-19 bulletin #222
With the growing number of cases in the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region, the province is introducing targeted measures under the Restricted (Orange) level of the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System to reduce community spread of the virus by reducing close-prolonged contact between people.
These measures will come into effect on Monday, Oct. 19, for a minimum of two weeks, and include:
• closing all beverage rooms, entertainment facilities, casinos and bingo halls;
• lowering indoor and outdoor gathering sizes from 10 to five,
o the five-person limit does not apply to household members for private gatherings inside the home;
• reducing group/table sizes in restaurants and lounges from 10 to five and formally reducing capacity at these locations to 50 per cent;
• formally reducing capacity at retail businesses to 50 per cent, including lowering gathering sizes from 10 to five in food courts and common areas;
• reducing the number of spectators to 25 per cent of a site’s capacity for after-school activities and sporting events;
• formally reducing the capacity of museums, galleries and libraries to 50 per cent and requiring sites to collect contact information for all attendees; and
• requiring gyms and fitness centres to collect contact information for all attendees.