COVID-19 bulletin #199
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.5 per cent and 37 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today, bringing the number of cases in Manitoba to 1,711.
Public health officials are also reporting one death today, a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an outbreak at Parkview Place personal care home. This brings the total number of deaths to 19.
The data shows:
• one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• four cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• two cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud; and
• 30 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 449 active cases and 1,243 individuals have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 11 people in hospital and six people in intensive care; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 19.