COVID-19 bulletin #196
he current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.8 per cent and 22 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today, bringing the number of cases in Manitoba to 1,608.
Public health officials are also reporting two deaths today, a male in his 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region and a female in her 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region. This brings the total number of deaths to 18.
The data shows:
• one case in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• two cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud; and
• 16 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 363 active cases and 1,227 individuals have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 8 people in hospital and two people in intensive care; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 18.