COVID-19 bulletin #176
Public health officials advise a 15th and 16th death related to COVID-19 have been reported in the Southern Health–Santé Sud region. The individuals are two females, one in her 80s and one in her 90s. Both cases are from the Steinbach health district and were previously announced cases connected to a known outbreak at Bethesda Place.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.3 per cent and 20 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 1,264.
The data shows:
• six cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• one case in Interlake-Eastern health region; and
• 13 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 457 active cases and 791 individuals have recovered from COVID-19,
• there are 12 people in hospital and one person in intensive care, and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 16.