COVID-19 bulletin #165
Public health officials advise that the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.7 per cent. Seventy-two new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 944.
The data shows there were:
• one new case in Northern Health Region;
• one new case in Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority;
• 45 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health (PMH) region;
• 16 new cases in Southern Health-Santé Sud; and
• nine cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Preliminary investigations indicate the majority of the PMH cases are linked to intentional testing related to known clusters in communal living communities. The Northern Health Region case is linked to a previously-announced case from PMH. There are seven cases related to the outbreak at Bethesda Place personal care home, a combination of staff and residents. Case investigations are ongoing and when they are completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform of any public health risks.