Prospective Home Clinics
Home Clinics commit to Manitoba’s Home Clinic Criteria, and are registered with Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living (MHSAL).
Manitoba eHealth will administer aspects of the Home Clinic program on behalf of MHSAL.
Are you Home Clinic Ready?
Registering with MHSAL as a Home Clinic is a prerequisite to patient enrolment and, for fee-for-service clinics, to submission of claims for the Comprehensive Care Management tariffs (effective April 1, 2017). There are a number of actions your primary care clinic can take to improve your readiness, and our Home Clinic team is here to help.
Click on a step below to get started.
- Review Manitoba's Home Clinic Criteria to confirm your clinic's eligibility, and your willingness and ability to meet the criteria. Review responses to frequently asked questions for further insight.
- Home Clinics may register in a form other than their current business operation. If you choose to do so, review our tips for naming your Home Clinic in a unique and meaningful way.
- Initiate the registration process by completing and submitting the Home Clinic Registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completion instructions provide access to two versions (PDF and Word) of the form. If you access the Internet using dial-up, please contact our Home Clinic team at email@example.com.
- Follow the steps in our quick reference guide (updated December 2018) to complete your registration in the Home Clinic Portal.
- Discuss the Primary Care Quality Indicators with your practice team, and determine workflow changes necessary to support their implementation. A brief overview and a detailed guide are available.
- For those not yet submitting the Primary Care Data Extract:
- speak with your EMR product vendor to confirm the product’s ability to properly generate the extract;
- determine if there is any configuration, mapping, etc. needed within your EMR product to ensure that your EMR data accurately populates the Primary Care Data Extract; and
- confirm if you use an EMR certified against the Primary Care Quality Indicator Reminders and Data Extract specification or a previously approved EMR; if not, review our encryption instructions for submitting your extract on a CD or USB.
- For those not familiar with the Primary Care Data Extract, watch the informational video in our EMR Video Library to learn the fundamentals as well as understand how it relates Primary Care Quality Indicators, EMR workflow, data capture and more. You can also contact the Home Clinic team at 204-926-6010, 1-866-926-6010 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Seek guidance from your EMR vendor regarding how to enrol patients within your EMR product.
- Learn about the patient enrolment methods you could consider.
- Review Manitoba’s guidelines for identifying candidates for passive enrolment, and begin analysis of your EMR data.
- Learn more about using the Primary Care Data Extract (updated March 2017) for enrolment purposes, including its limitations and how enrolment data submitted via the Primary Care Data Extract will be processed.
- Fee-for-service family physicians should: