COVID-19 Screening Tool
Updated: June 21, 2020
You have reached the Manitoba COVID-19 Screening Tool.
The Screening Tool is available in Interactive Voice Response (IVR) format. Call 1-877-308-9038
In order to determine if you should contact Health Links – Info Santé (204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257) or seek other medical advice, you will be asked to respond to a few questions below.
Public health officials are recommending returning travelers from the following locations, self-isolate and self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days after returning to Manitoba:
- Those who have returned from international travel (including to the United States) in the last 14 days;
- Those who have returned from domestic travel in the last 14 days to a location that is not excluded by current provincial Public Health Order from the requirement to self-isolate (Public Health Orders currently exclude locations in: Western Canada, the territories, and Ontario – west of Terrace Bay);
Public health officials also strongly urge anyone who has cold or flu-like symptoms, such as a cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, headache, or any of the symptoms listed in the screening tool to self-isolate for 14 days, and until symptoms are resolved for 24 hours. Anyone with these symptoms is eligible for COVID-19 testing. If your COVID-19 test results are negative, you should stay home until your symptoms have resolved for 24 hours. If you have travelled or been exposed to a case, you should continue to self-isolate for the remainder of the 14-day period.
Social distancing is used to intentionally reduce close contact between people to try to stop the progression of community transmission of any virus. Social distancing strategies for all Manitobans include:
- Cancelling or postponing any large-scale events;
- Minimizing prolonged (more than 10 minutes), close (less than two metres) contact between other individuals in public;
- Avoiding greetings that involve touching such as handshakes;
- Disinfecting frequently used surfaces;
- Following public health advice related to self-isolation if you have travelled or have been exposed to someone ill with the virus; and
- Considering avoiding travel, crowded places and events, if you are at higher risk.
We remind you to protect yourself while out in public. Please wash your hands frequently, and maintain a distance of about 2 metres from others.
For the most up-to-date, factual, information on COVID-19 please visit manitoba.ca/covid19/.
COVID-19 Screening Tool
Please note that this is not a medical assessment. If you are experiencing severe symptoms, seek medical attention or call 911. This service is not a substitute for consulting with your doctor.