COVID-19 bulletin #321
Public health officials advise five additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a female in her 60s from the Northern health region;
• a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Poseidon Care Centre.
• a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre;
• a male in his 60s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• a female in her 90s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the outbreak at Salem Home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.2 per cent provincially and 6.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 198 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases were removed due to a data correction, making the net new cases 196 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 28,089.